Apple Temporarily Closes All California Stores as Virus Cases Rise

Arlen Holder

Dec 21, 2020, 11:17:33 PM12/21/20
All quotes are verbatim because apologists brazenly deny any and all facts
they don't like without ever even clicking on the cites which contain the
facts which they _hate_ about Apple decisions.
o The apologists hate a _lot_ of facts about Apple, that's for sure!

"Apple has extended the closures to all stores in California indefinitely."

o Apple Temporarily Closes All California Stores as Virus Cases Rise
<https://www.macrumors.com/2020/12/18/apple-stores-closing-los-angeles/>
--
The real problem with the Apple newsgroups is simply that apologists exist.

JF Mezei

Dec 22, 2020, 5:49:15 AM12/22/20
On 2020-12-21 23:17, Arlen Holder wrote:

> o Apple Temporarily Closes All California Stores as Virus Cases Rise

Ontario and Québec (Canada) forcing all non essential stores to close on
December 25. (for Québec until Jan 11, for Ontario I beleive it is Jan
25 for the southern part, but Jan 10/11 for more remote parts).

Québec will allow curb-side pickup, but the Apple system requires you
step into store to pickup orders.

Apple's web site doesn't yet reflect this. Until now, their proceduce
has been:

-book for shopping experience.
-order for in-store-pickup and then book a pickup window.
(and of course, book for Geniusm repaiors etc)

When I went there a couple weeks ago, after making purchase on-line, I
showed up at the pickup appointment right time to the store. Waited
outside in rain for a few minutes, then allowed in, tempoerature check,
wait on a blue dot for a table spot to open. Table spot opens, the blue
shirted one was on other side of table. Showed the bar code for the
purchase on my phone, he scanned it. then waited for another person to
walk down from upstairs with my box. Gal handed to me. receipt printed
and I went out (despite this being an on-line order for pickup, they
didn't have my email). But I still ended up interacting with the bouncer
outdoors, the temperature checker, the guy directing people to a free
spot at table, the guy who scanned my phone, and the gal that came down
with my order. But all interactions short.

I don't think this qualifies as "curbside pickup". So am surprised they
still have "normal" opening hours that goes beyond December 24th.

https://www.apple.com/ca/retail/saintecatherine/

RocketSurgeon

Dec 23, 2020, 1:33:00 PM12/23/20
On 12/21/20 8:17 PM, Arlen Holder wrote:
> All quotes are verbatim because apologists brazenly deny any and all facts
> they don't like without ever even clicking on the cites which contain the
> facts which they _hate_ about Apple decisions.
> o The apologists hate a _lot_ of facts about Apple, that's for sure!
>
> "Apple has extended the closures to all stores in California indefinitely."
>
> o Apple Temporarily Closes All California Stores as Virus Cases Rise
> <https://www.macrumors.com/2020/12/18/apple-stores-closing-los-angeles/>

No they didn't! I hate you making up stories! They are all open right
now. I am typing from there now.

--
The real problem with the Apple newsgroups is simply that mission
posters/trolls exist.

Arlen Holder

Dec 23, 2020, 4:33:46 PM12/23/20
On Wed, 23 Dec 2020 10:32:57 -0800, RocketSurgeon wrote:

> No they didn't! I hate you making up stories! They are all open right
> now. I am typing from there now.

Thank you for the evidence that the key problem on the child-like Apple
newsgroups is simply that the apologists exist.

The apologists brazenly deny all facts they simply don't like.
o Without ever even _clicking_ on the cites which back up the stated facts.

And, worse, the apologists simply fabricate their claims, sans a single
cite, where all this "RocketSurgeon" troll has to do is provide the phone
number or store location of this Apple store he claims is in California
which is open at this moment, and I'll call them myself.

Notice how this RocetSurgeon is a perfect example of what's wrong with the
always child-like Apple newsgroups.

Apple apologists hate facts about Apple, much like flat earthers hate facts
about the spherical nature of the earth, such that they simply deny all
facts which don't fit into their imaginary belief system.

This is yet more evidence that what's wrong with the child-like Apple ngs
o Is simply the fact that these apologists exist

RocketSurgeon

Dec 24, 2020, 5:04:22 PM12/24/20
On 12/23/20 1:33 PM, Arlen Holder wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Dec 2020 10:32:57 -0800, RocketSurgeon wrote:
>
>> No they didn't! I hate you making up stories! They are all open right
>> now. I am typing from there now.
>
> Thank you for the evidence that the key problem on the child-like Apple
> newsgroups is simply that the apologists exist.

Humor and irony impaired are ya'?! (Rhetorical question.)

The real problem with the Apple newsgroups is simply that mission
posters/trolls exist. And lack of restraint among a few posters.

Arlen Holder

Dec 25, 2020, 11:49:26 AM12/25/20
On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 14:04:19 -0800, RocketSurgeon wrote:

> Humor and irony impaired are ya'?! (Rhetorical question.)

The problem is deeper than that on these child-like Apple newsgroups
o Since we've run controlled tests with the adult OS newsgroups

Another proof that Apple apologists are not like normal people is the fact
o You can't make those ungodly profits off of an intelligent customer base

You just can't.

I mean who but an idiot would allow the company to remove functionality
o Just so that they can buy it back?

Given Apple R&D spends the lowest in all of high tech, bar none, it's not
products that make Apple so ungodly profitable - it's the sheer gullibility
of its clearly and obviously infantile customer base.

You just can't pull the stunts Apple pulls all the time on an intelligent
consumer, RocketSurgeon.

You just can't.

What's interesting, is that you, "RocketSurgeon", is that it would be
humorous if the apologists also were always "just joking".

But they're actually serious when they prove to be what they prove to be:
o Type I (nospam) excuse & defend Apple MARKETING decisions to the death
o Type II (Alan Browne) gullibly believe everything from Apple MARKETING
o Type III (Alan Baker) cultists attach self-worth with Apple MARKETING

The apologists are a shockingly representative set of the Apple consumer.
o Ignorant beyond human belief.

I, alone, could possibly have more formal education than all the
apologists, combined, where it doesn't appear any _could_ have graduated
from even a two-year baby college, let alone the finest graduate
institutions in this country.

The Apple apologists are all that incredibly shockingly stupid.
o Type I (nospam) _still_ don't know a decibel from a megabit
o Type II (sms) still can't figure out Qualcomm royalties went up
o Type III (Alan Baker) can't even fathom a User-Agent can be spoofed

Who on earth is _that_ shockingly stupid, RocketSurgeon, than apologists?
o I've never personally run into anyone as shockingly stupid as they are.

> The real problem with the Apple newsgroups is simply that mission
> posters/trolls exist. And lack of restraint among a few posters.

The evidence is rampant that the key problem causing Apple newsgroups to be
so shockingly childish is simply that apologists exist.

For example, I've run numerous tests of the adult OS newsgroups, where I
ask the _exact_ question (changing only the operating system) of both the
adult OS newsgroups (i.e., Windows, Linux, and Android) versus the childish
newsgroups (i.e., iOS & Mac).

The difference in responses was utterly _astounding_.
o On the adult OS newsgroups, the responses were technical & helpul.
o On the child-like Apple newsgroups, the responses were all infantile.

In summary, there is no better proof that the reason the Apple newsgroups
are infantile is simply that the infantile apologists exist (given the
exact same questions asked of the adult OS newsgroups were productive).

o Type I (nospam) fabricate anything to defend Apple MARKETING decisions
o Type II (Alan Browne) simply don't own adult cognitive skills on facts
o Type III (Alan Baker) cultist deny facts without even clicking on cites

In summary, the Apple consumer is shockingly stupid, but on this newsgroup,
the three types of Apple apologists encompass the three types of Apple
consumer.

You just can't make those ungodly profits with almost no R&D and never
having made a best in class product in its entire history, and yet, people,
shockingly so, sans a shred of evidence, "believe" what MARKETING feeds
them to believe.

The brilliant one here is Apple MARKETING who knows their infantile
customer perfectly, and feeds that shockingly ignorant customer everything
their infantile brains want to hear.
--
You can't make those ungodly profits off of an intelligent customer base.

Alan Baker

Dec 27, 2020, 4:02:47 AM12/27/20
On 2020-12-25 8:49 a.m., Arlen Holder wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 14:04:19 -0800, RocketSurgeon wrote:
>
>> Humor and irony impaired are ya'?! (Rhetorical question.)
>
> The problem is deeper than that on these child-like Apple newsgroups
> o Since we've run controlled tests with the adult OS newsgroups
>
> Another proof that Apple apologists are not like normal people is the fact
> o You can't make those ungodly profits off of an intelligent customer base
>
> You just can't.
>
> I mean who but an idiot would allow the company to remove functionality
> o Just so that they can buy it back?
>
> Given Apple R&D spends the lowest in all of high tech, bar none, it's not
> products that make Apple so ungodly profitable - it's the sheer gullibility
> of its clearly and obviously infantile customer base.

Given that this is a complete lie, why would anyone pay attention to
anything more you have to say?

Arlen Holder

Dec 27, 2020, 1:00:13 PM12/27/20
On 27 Dec 2020 17:29:30 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

> Oh, I don't know... It seems to be working on *you*.
> The rest of us wish you'd just stop.

This is good advice, as it's the apologist who ruin this newsgroup.
o The less the apologists post, the more adult this newsgroup will become.

All the apologists are out of their league with me for different reasons:
o Type I (nospam) can't compete with facts (his credibility is worthless)
o Type II (sms) can't process facts (he still thinks royalties went down)
o Type III (Jolly Roger) realize they utterly lack adult cognitive skills

Despite Jolly Roger being incredibly stupid (if he has a high school GED,
I'd be shocked), at least he understands that he's completely out of his
league with a normally intelligent person such as I assess myself to be.

While all the Type III apologists prove to be shockingly stupid, only Alan
Baker doesn't yet realize how stupid he really is, such that he actually
thinks the mere fact he calls all facts "lies by liars", is believed.

Even Lewis, another unfathomably stupid Type III apologist realizes he's
compoletely outside his league when dealing with any person of even normal
adult comprehension.

Of the Type III apologists, it seems only Alan Baker, and, perhaps the
other moron Joerg Lorenz, don't have the IQ necessary to realize they're so
out of their league with even someone of normal intelligence, that what
Jolly Roger suggests Alan Baker do, is actually good advice.

All the apologists are out of their league with me for different reasons:
o Type I (nospam) can't compete with facts (his credibility is worthless)
o Type II (sms) can't process facts (he still thinks royalties went down)
o Type III (Jolly Roger) realize they utterly lack adult cognitive skills
--
Bringing truth to the child-like Apple newsgroups via application of fact.